BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, June 3, 2011

Kung Fu Panda 2 and ADOPTION...new movies in our SMALL town!

I remember the Tower Theater being open when I was a young child. It had been closed for over 35 years...that big, dark sign still a landmark on Main Street...kinda sad. I was so pleased recently when a local organization purchased the property. They will use the Tower for a variety of events...one being a movie theater! This may not be a big deal to you big city folks, but here, in Small Town, USA, there are not a lot of options when looking for entertaining ways to spend a weekend night. Also, the operators of the Tower are dedicated to making a positive difference in people's lives through the events they bring in to the Tower.

This week, Drew and I went to see Kung Fu Panda 2. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised by this movie. There were a few parts that bothered me (the 'inner peace' thing was mentioned several times...and a lot of animated violence). One thing in particular I liked was the theme of adoption in the movie. The panda, Po, of course was adopted (his dad was a goose!), but it was not talked about openly until the sequel. Toward the end of the movie, there was a touching scene with Po and his dad. Adoption was portrayed in a positive way, and I like that!

I continue to share with others the need of so many waiting children in this country and the world. Yes, adoption can be a long, daunting, sometimes brutal process. The only way the Porters made it through was God...He made a way to Aubree for us. And He will make a way for Y O U if He's called you to adopt. Yes, we gave Aubree a loving home and made some sacrifices, but she's given us so much more. She's so precious to us, and it is wonderful to see her touch other people every day through her beautiful, joyful, and social personality. Just her presence makes people smile. I see it all the time.

Have any of you seen this movie? If so, what did you think?

Have any of you been called to adopt, but haven't started the process yet?

Are any of you in the midst of the adoption process, blogging to research and build relationships with others that can relate with what you're going through?

Are any of you at home now with your child(ren), looking back and saying that all the ups and downs and hurry ups and waits were well worth it?

I'd love to talk to you! I've said it before...adoption is one of my favorite subjects!

2 comments:

Tondra Herridge said...

Well you know I'm adopted, and you know how badly I want to give that same gift to a child. Adoption is very special to me. I think y'all are amazing......i love you my sweet friend.

lilian levitan said...

Adoption is the best thing that ever happened to us and like you, I love to talk about it. The pres and cons of international adoption vs domestic adoption. I so agree with you that yes, we gave our kids a loving home and a future, but what Hannah and Ivan are giving us is so much more. I would do the whole process over again in a heartbeat and who know, maybe we will at some point.

I wished you would be coming to the reunion in florida this summer. It would be so nice to see you again. who knows, one day.

We didn't go see the movie, mainly because I think my kids are still too small for it. We started the first movie a while ago (they got it from