BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

the busy life has me in a rut...and I ain't stayin' there!













I am continually in awe of God's goodness. I sometimes pat myself on the back for how far I've come in my spiritual walk, just to find that those old bad habits and tendencies (complaining, impatience, etc....) have me in condemnation mode again. Just yesterday, I snapped at my Drew because he woke me up from a nap (I never nap...and when Aubree laid down, I fell into bed myself, exhausted). After I finished my mini-rant, he responded, with a sad look, "I was scared, Mom." See, I never nap...not normal. And dad had left to go back to work. I really beat myself up over that one for awhile. There are several other examples I could relate, but they follow basically the same storyline...I want so terribly to be Super Mom/Wife/Teacher/Friend/Woman/Christian, but fail miserably when I try to go it alone. Who says I just have to 'survive' this life? I'm called to greatness, and so many times I settle for less. So, praise God, He's on my side. As it says in Ephesians, by his mighty power at work at work within us, He is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope.


Joyce Meyer's Power Thoughts book is on my to-read list for the summer. I've skimmed over it and can already tell it will assist me in getting my head on straight (again).

Power Thoughts (a sampling...):

#1...I can do whatever I need to do in life through Christ.

#2...God loves me unconditionally.

#9...I pursue peace with God, myself, and others.

#10.I live in the present and enjoy each moment.


It's true that mine is a busy life. I am grateful for the responsibilities He has given me...I just have to prioritize those responsibilities, and maybe scratch a few that He didn't put there off my long list. When I mess up, confess it, repent, and move forward. Easier said than done sometimes, but it's Truth.


So now, there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus...you have no obligation whatsoever to do what your sinful nature urges you to do...You should behave instead like God's very own children, adopted into His family--calling him "Father, dear Father." --Romans 8


Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord, your God, is with you wherever you go. --Joshua 1:9


Thank you, friends, for encouraging me and loving me even when I'm being unlovable (ESP. then!) Comments welcome. Anyone else ever find themselves in this disgusting rut?


I'm including a few pictures, too. Happy Wednesday!

1 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh yeah that rut will get you every time!!!!
I find that if I focus on advocating it seems to keep me in check. No matter what is going on in my little life it always seems so small in comparison to what is going on for these waiting kids. They are my perspective.
I too have been making some changes in my spiritual life and man that has had such a profound effect on the old rut!
Do not go back into the rut without a fight!!!!
Okay, I love the pic of Aubree in the car seat. Where did the days go of sleeping like that!!!
Nicole