BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, April 16, 2011

So proud of our community



Could be this weather, could be something else...but I haven't had a voice for 3 days. It's challenging to teach a class of 9 and 10 year olds this way. We managed. The kids liked doing my talking for me. The funniest part so far has been when I whisper to someone, and they answer in a whisper without realizing.

With the winds, there have been numerous fires in our part of TX recently. This was a dangerous situation. Our volunteer fire department, and departments around our area have taken care of business, regardless of sleepless nights, equipment breakdowns, AND their regular jobs that they also manage. Most of these volunteers also have families that sacrifice as well. A big THANK YOU doesn't seem to be enough, but I am so grateful. Someone in our school had the idea of a challenge among grade levels to raise the most money for our fire department. Well...the idea has taken off. In just a few days, thousands have been raised. The challenge ends on May 6, so there's no telling what our students will be able to accomplish between now and then. Each grade level has FUNdraisers (pie throwing, raffles, dunking booth, car washes, window washing, lemonade stands, selling filled Easter eggs, cookies, bandanas, concession stand, donation tubs around town, etc). The pride our students have taken in this task is heartwarming. We were even on TV.

Got a few cute pics this week. Hope you like them.

Comments make me smile...I know I have people reading. Happy weekend, friends.

2 comments:

Our Russian Adopted Princess said...

Wow Great Job. Love Aubree shirt also in the first picture.

Nicole said...

Look how big and beautiful A is!!!!!
Okay I am loving that outfit. I bought the mudpie version of that with the long pants for my cousins baby but I did not see that one! These girls are getting me in big trouble with all of the clothes x's 2!
Nicole