BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 11, 2011

It's that time...


Potty training!

Aubree is doing so well. I think she's just about ready to get out of the PullUps and diapers for good. There is no telling how many chocolate M & Ms I've given out to her in the last few weeks. Whatever works!

Her vocabulary has exploded lately too. She definitely knows how to communicate what she wants. I love to listen to her talk. Every stage of our cutie's development has its own beauty. Today Drew was crying after he hit his head, and Aubree went right to him, cradled his face in her hands, and said, "You OK?" over and over. Last night she said the entire sentence "I love you" on her own. Until then, she said it, but not clearly or regularly. She continues to be an easy going, loving child. Tantrums are few and far between. Aub has started arguing a bit, and not following directions quickly. A little 'crossing arms' attitude sometimes occurs too. She still sucks her thumb when she's tired, thinking deeply about something, or when in trouble. Doctor says she should quit on her own. She also tends to be clingy, wanting to be held a lot. She doesn't like to play independently very much...prefers to have a playmate (Mom or Dad or Drew). We are working through these few challenges and continue to be amazed at her progress.

Jason and Drew are at practice...baseball season starts next week, which makes for a very busy household. Looks like Drew may be playing 1st base. They've got a good team. Go A's!

Michael will be finishing up his first year away at the university in just a few weeks. This year has gone by so fast!

4 comments:

Wendi and Terry said...

You are doing so much better than us on the potty training front. Yeah fo you! We've had one success and that is it! And when I ask Marina if she wants to wear big girl pants or diapers she tells me diapers!! Ugh!!!

amy said...

WOW - sounds like Aubree is doing so well! I haven't even started potty training yet! I bet your heart just melted when she said I love you. :)

Maggie and Randy said...

Polina went #2 twice on the potty but that"s about it. most of the time now she tells me that she went when its already too late. She goes to daycare part time so they are trying there too. my plan is to do it over the summer so if anything we can just hose her down lol

Tracey and Chuck said...

Wow...great for Aubree and the success with potty training! We too are in the midst of it but still having lots of accidents. I feel like we take 2 steps forward and then 4 steps back!!! I keep telling myself....patience...it takes time!!!!