BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Spring Break is almost over...






















We didn't get a lot accomplished at home, but we had a nice week together. I had plans to get some painting done, but I never got around to it. Very little Spring cleaning happened.












We had a nice long weekend in Ruidoso, New Mexico. The weather was beautiful, and we stayed in a cabin in the woods. The kids had a wonderful time in the mountains. Aubree had never been...of course she has fun wherever she goes! I was glad to get Mr. Porter away from work for this getaway to enjoy himself. Since Michael is in college now...an adult...he spent Spring Break getting a few extra hours in his work.












Other than that, we had a few appointments this week in Lubbock and lots of snuggling here at home. Last night we had a fine time with friends, cooking out and playing cards, something we hadn't done in awhile. I am grateful for the opportunity to spend some extra time with my family this week.












Back to school on Monday. Only 5 more weeks until the TAKS test. School is always so much nicer after that test is over with. We have a few field trips in May to look forward to as well.












It's been awhile since I've posted. There are a few (?) creepy people out there that I'd like to filter out. I keep up with all of you through your blogs, and I'll say it again...it's like a family. I love to hear about your families growing and changing and especially those of you that help get the word out about the blessing of adoption. That's really why I blog myself. I want to be a voice for those little ones that don't seem to have one in this big old world. There are countless families that would adopt, I believe, with just a little more encouragement from other regular old working class people that have experienced adoption themselves. I continue to seek God's face in how I can make more of an impact for orphans. It's a passion of mine and I know one day He will make it clear to me (maybe He already has!) where to go from here. Any ideas?!? Please comment.
Enjoy the pics. Hasn't Aub grown up on us?

5 comments:

Corinne said...

OH WOW ! She has grown so much ! What a beautiful girl she is.Thanks for sharing as she grows and blossoms !

Bill and Michelle Curran said...

Wow, she couldn't look more like your family if she grew in your tummy instead of your heart. She looks awesome, thank you for coming back.
I haven't had any creepy posts yet, but when I do I will go private probably. If you aren't comfortable then go private!!!
Miss your posts!!!

Our Russian Adopted Princess said...

Wow, she really has grown! thanks for keeping us in the loop, I love to see the littles grow and flurish here in our families. I too agree about getting the word out about adoption!

Tracey and Chuck said...

So glad to see a new post from the Porter's and espcially the new pictures! Your little girl is getting so big! She is adorable!

Shelly and Steve said...

THANK YOU for sharing some updated pics. She looks beautiful and so healthy and so much bigger! I've missed seeing you around. I haven't had any creepy comments either...scary. I know I always wonder if and when we'lll go private.

Check in more often.